- In a world first, Sony Ericsson has launched an exciting interactive piece of activity which will enable consumers to pump up space hoppers using Twitter
- Consumers will be directed to a website www.sonyericsson.com/hopperinvasion where they will be able to take part
- The site hosts a live video feed of a (secret) warehouse in which deflated hoppers are arranged on a grid waiting to be pumped up
- Anyone on the site or on Twitter can tweet #pumpt and see a hopper being inflated. At the same time Sony Ericsson are asking people to tell them what they would do with the space hoppers, the best suggestion received will be made real, filmed and posted online
- No space hoppers were harmed in the making of this campaign
Sony Ericsson launched the third phase today of its ground breaking "Spark Something" campaign to support the SatioTM and AinoTM handsets. The campaign, which has already created the world's first online flashmob (a screen invasion on several Yahoo homepages around the world over the last few weeks,) will now see the world's first automated use of Twitter to create real life events.
As of today, users who tweet #pumpt will be able to watch as their tweet prompts the real life inflation of a space hopper. They will also be able to suggest a possible use for the inflated space hopper and the best of these suggestions will be re-created and filmed.
Already the campaign has seen more than 180,000 virtual space hoppers created by users engaging with the campaign site and a YouTubeTM video of the TVC has generated more than 800,000 views. So far more than 1,200 people have taken part in six online screen invasions of sites across the globe, using a browser cookie to link their personally created space hopper to their current location.
On each screen invasion a countdown alerted users to the imminence of the flash mob. As it reached zero a display advert used the browser cookie to work out which registered users were present and allowed their personal space hoppers to break out of the advert.
Andrea Heinrich, Global marketing communications manager
"The space hopper campaign has been created to support to launch of AinoTM and SatioTM, using online media like Twitter to illustrate how ideas and concepts spread from one person to another."
"These phones create great quality media whether its photos or videos and they offer an incredibly easy to use suite of options for sharing it. Users really can use these phones to spark something."
"The next stage of the campaign takes the concept one stage further allowing users to take the concept offline and create real life space hoppers which will be used in real life events."
- Sound and vision set free
- The best of both worlds: traditional keypad and touch UI in media mode
- Media Home and Media Go - simple to take your content with you
- Remote Play with PlayStation®3 - control and access your PlayStation®3 media content from your mobile phone
- 3 inch 16 million colour screen - WQVGA
- Clear audio experience - listen to music in superb quality
- Design matched Wireless Stereo Headphone MH100 and Charging Stand EC100
- AinoTM supports GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 and UMTS/HSPA 850/1900/2100
- AinoTM is available in the colours Obsidian Black and Luminous White
- Visual communication like never before
- True 16:9, 3.5 inch widescreen - feast your eyes on movies
- Express yourself through images - 12.1 megapixel camera, intuitive touch focus, Xenon flash and face and smile detection
- Web albums with messages - talk through pictures and share your experiences
- Intuitive full touch media menu - tap directly into your favourites, from web pages to pictures and media files
- Symbian Foundation operating system - thousands of applications available online
- Music player - play your tunes loud and proud
- To make your listening experience even better, team SatioTM with the smallest headset on the market, the Wireless Stereo Headphones HBH-IS800 to listen in crystal clear sound
- Alternatively, maximise the mobile video experience with the Video Viewing Stand IM920. Transfer all media files via the Micro SD card or USB cable
- SatioTM supports GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 and UMTS/HSDPA 850/900/2100
- SatioTM is available in the colours; Black, Silver and Bordeaux