- Škoda has announced the launch of its new Superb GreenLine. Available in January, the Superb GreenLine is powered by a 1.9-litre TDI PD DPF which produces 105 bhp and is capable of 55.4mpg on the combined cycle and produces only 136g/km of CO2. This means the Superb GreenLine sits in VED band C and attracts an annual road fund licence of just £120 a year.
- The GreenLine uses clever aerodynamics and is lowered by 15mm to alter the airflow around the front end and improve fuel economy. Weight also plays a key part - the GreenLine is supplied with a tyre repair kit in place of a heavy spare wheel and use low rolling resistance tyres. Transmission ratios have been lengthened to improve fuel economy.
- With more rear leg room and boot space than a Mercedes E-Class the new Superb is the perfect car for family or business.
Robert Hazlewood, Škoda UK Director
Clever design sits at the heart of the Škoda range. Everything about the new Superb from its great interior and boot space to the engineering that underpins the new GreenLine marks a big step forward for us. It features the world's first production ‘Twindoor' boot that allows owners to use the vehicle as a saloon or hatchback.
The Superb range also offers an ingenious Park Assist system that parallel parks the vehicle for the driver and an innovative Adaptive Front-Light system that adjusts the spread and angle of light according to road speeds.
In keeping with Superb tradition the new model offers outstanding value for money. The range consists of three grades, S, SE, Elegance with even the entry level S offering around 10% additional value over all its key class rivals.
Boilerplate StatementsŠkoda is the Manufacturer of Happy Drivers:
- New Octavia is the 2008 Auto Express Driver Power survey 'Car of the Year'
- Manufacturer of the Year in the 2008 Top Gear Owner Satisfaction Survey
Škoda is an environmentally-friendly manufacturer:
- Roomster 1.4TDI (135g/km) lowest emitting MPV in UK (Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders)
- Average CO2 emissions of 152g/km make Škoda one of today's greenest carmakers (Business Car)
For more information visit http://www.skodapress.co.uk/