- www.lastingtribute.co.uk, the leading UK memorial website, has created a virtual Field of Remembrance to help raise funds for charity and provide a new place for people to remember fallen service personnel.
- The field has been created as part of the website’s bid to ensure that people who have lost their lives in armed conflicts around the world are not forgotten, and complements separate features that honour the fallen heroes of Afghanistan and Iraq.
- It has been launched today, 2 October, in preparation for 11 November, the 90th anniversary of Armistice Day, the day in 1918 when the First World War came to an end, and which now represents the opportunity for a nation to say thank you.
- Visitors to the online poppy field will be able to pay £5 to dedicate a poppy to someone they knew, or to the Unknown Soldier, with £2.50 going straight to The Royal British Legion’s Poppy Appeal.
- Working in partnership with Marie Curie Cancer Care and When You Wish Upon A Star, Lasting Tribute has already created a virtual daffodil Field of Hope and a virtual Night Sky, both of which are proving to be extremely popular.