- Škoda tops all manufacturers in this year’s poll
- Consistent results over past six years
- Octavia and Superb second and third among car models
- Škoda has been named Best Manufacturer in the 2009 Auto Express Driver Power Survey.
- Škoda has been ranked second among manufacturers for the previous five years, but this year has taken the crown from the luxury brand Lexus.
- Škoda’s previous-generation Superb was second and Octavia came third in the model rankings, outdone only by the premium Jaguar XF.
- More than 20,000 readers rated their own cars on reliability, build quality, and running costs and rated Škoda right at the top of them all
- Škoda manufacture a range of five models: the supermini Fabia, the family carrier Roomster, mid-size Octavia and the luxurious upper-medium Superb, to be joined in September by the new Yeti crossover.
- For the full story, see Auto Express, published Wednesday 15 April.
Škoda UK Brand Director, Robert Hazelwood, is delighted, but not surprised by this latest success: “It’s really no surprise that, yet again, our owners are proclaiming that Škoda really is the manufacturer of happy drivers. This bears out what is at the heart of our business – our customers. We put them first in everything we do, from the design and quality of the cars themselves, which ensures they are easy and rewarding to live with, through to our retailers who take pride in the service they provide throughout the ownership of the car. We’re proud of this award and pleased that our owners are satisfied with their Škodas.”
Škoda is the Manufacturer of Happy Drivers:
- New Superb is Caravan Club’s ‘Towcar of the Year 2008’
- Auto Express has named Octavia ‘Estate Car of the Year 2008’ in its Used Car Honours
- Škoda’s website has been voted ‘Website of the Year 2008’ in Auto Trader’s Click Awards
For more information visit http://www.skodapress.co.uk/ or call: Catherine Sleigh, Head of Press and PR, 01908 548 042 / 07710 331 389Helen Bainbridge, Media Relations Officer, 01908 548 060 / 07984 128 800 PR/APR2009/06
This news release (and illustration) is issued in accordance with Clause 1.2j of the British Codes of Advertising and Sales Promotion and therefore cannot be the subject of a transaction of any kind.