LONDON, April 5, 2011 -- With the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton less than a month away, people's interest in the big event is growing exponentially - searches worldwide on Yahoo! for the royal wedding have increased 8 million percent since the engagement was announced and 106% just in the last month on Yahoo! UK. To satisfy the millions of UK Web users who are hungry for royal wedding details, Yahoo! has launched its royal wedding website, http://uk.royalwedding.yahoo.com/.
The new site will tell you everything you need to know about the wedding, with data from Yahoo! Search used as a gauge for the public's curiosity. So far, Yahoo!'s search data has shown that people in the UK are much more interested in Kate than they are in Wills, with searches for ‘Kate Middleton' the top Royal Wedding related search query. Even searches for Kate's dress are more than double those for ‘Prince William'. Interestingly, there also appears to be confusion about the date of the big day, with searches to find the ‘Royal Wedding date' the third most popular term.
As the premier digital media company, Yahoo! brings together the best of the Web to celebrate the royal couple. The site features articles, photo galleries, videos and more. A digital guestbook has been created in Prince William and Kate's honour so well-wishers worldwide can offer their advice to the couple. Several celebrities have already added their advice and wishes to the Royal Wedding Yahoo! Guestbook, with more to contribute in the future.
Yahoo!'s Royal Wedding website will be an extension of Yahoo! UK Lifestyle (http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/), the leading website for women's lifestyle content, and demonstrates Yahoo!'s position as the premier Web destination for landmark global events. Features of the Royal Wedding website include:
- Guestbook: The Royal Wedding Yahoo! Guestbook gives people a place to offer their marriage advice and best wishes to Prince William and Kate Middleton, as well as sharing those wishes with users' social networks. See the celebrities, including Khloe Kardashian, who have left messages for the couple: http://uk.royalguestbook.yahoo.com/videos
- Photo galleries: View photos of the couple's courtship, Kate Middleton as a child, and much more.
- Articles and blogs: The latest news on the royal wedding, plus articles on the wedding trends, fashion, the royal wedding's participants and guests, and more.
- Wedding live stream: Watch the royal wedding live by visiting http://uk.royalwedding.yahoo.com/ on April 29.
- Video: Yahoo! will feature video from Associated Press, Reuters, and ABC News, along with original video content including a joint ABC News/Yahoo! News Web show called "Wedding Royale." ABC News will also provide weekly flashback videos of the royal family. During the week of the wedding, Yahoo! will have a crew on the ground in London producing stories on topics people are most interested in.
- Mobile site: Yahoo! allows you to get your Royal Wedding fix anytime, anywhere, by visiting http://m.royalwedding.yahoo.com/ from your mobile phone.
Additionally, Flickr by Yahoo!, one of the world's best places to post and share photos, features The Official British Monarchy Flickr stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/britishmonarchy/tags/rw2011/
For media covering the royal wedding, Yahoo! can be a great resource. Yahoo! will have the following experts and information available to media:
- Global and local data, trends, and marriage advice from the Royal Wedding Yahoo! Guestbook, including celebrities' advice and best wishes.
- Global and local search data trends from Yahoo! that determine the topics and wedding details that have people most riveted.
- Data on the top-viewed royal wedding images, articles, and more.
Visit Yahoo!'s Royal Wedding website: http://uk.royalwedding.yahoo.com/
Visit Yahoo! UK Lifestyle http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/