2014 saw the company's expansion to North America and the signing of high-profile customers such as New York's famed Juilliard School and the West End's Nederlander group of theatres.
Founded in 2007 by CEO Michael Nabarro and CTO Matt Scarisbrick, Spektrix is now the UK's leading cloud-based box office management software for the arts, encompassing ticketing, direct marketing, fundraising and customer relationship management (CRM).
Spektrix brings marketing and analytics capabilities to arts organisations that were previously only affordable to banks and large retailers. The software allows them to quickly generate a holistic view of each customer and power audience development.
Other recent company milestones include the following:
- More than 8.9 million tickets were sold using Spektrix's cloud-based platform in 2014, compared to 5.5 million in 2013
- Total volume processed in tickets, donations, merchandise and memberships nearly doubled to £144,048,640 in 2014, versus £74,416,034 in 2013
- Spektrix's installed base now exceeds 200 arts organisations, up from 135 at the end of 2013
- In 2014 there were 1.2 billion web hits on Spektrix servers
- Headcount has grown from 22 at the end of 2013 to more than 50 people today
- The company now has three offices in London, New York City and Manchester UK
"Matt and I started Spektrix out of frustration with the limitations of expensive client-server technology, which is all that was available to arts organisations at the time", said Michael Nabarro. "Since then we've led the way in bringing the SaaS approach and multi-tenancy to the arts.
"After years of steady growth we experienced the start of a surge in 2013 which continues to the present day. It's testament to our customer-first approach to product development, pricing, service and support", he added.
Spektrix is the leading provider of cloud-based ticketing, marketing and fundraising software for the performing arts. Founded in London in 2007, Spektrix now enables more than 200 organisations in the UK and North America to provide a simple and intuitive ticketing journey to end customers. Sophisticated, real-time analytics and marketing tools allow arts marketers to be truly responsive to audiences, delivering targeted offers and communications that recognise the needs of individual theatregoers. Customers include London's Royal Court Theatre, Town Hall and Symphony Hall Birmingham, the Bristol Old Vic, the Juilliard School, Round House theatre in Washington DC, and the Luminato Festival in Toronto. Please visit www.spektrix.com.
Infographic: Spektrix in numbers 2014.