This eagerly-anticipated two-piece speaker system provides the perfect mix of cutting-edge style and impeccable sonic performance. Whilst boasting striking good looks in the form of a stylised clear glass design, the GLA-55 also packs a high-impact audio punch. Crisp soundscapes are delivered through the system's powerful AtlasTM woofers and crystal-clear CMMD® tweeters. The GLA-55 speaker system combines art and science to deliver the ultimate audio solution for desktop computers, laptops and portable media players.
The GLA-55 is arguably now the best 2.0 speaker system available and excitement has been mounting since the concept was first unveiled at IFA. The design and sonic performance of the speakers have been tweaked to perfection to deliver the ultimate audio experience.
The GLA-55 system has a retail price of £749.99 and can be purchased from Apple in the UK.
About the GLA-55 speaker system
The GLA-55 features many proprietary technologies to provide the highest quality sound possible; including:
- Atlas AL and CMMD Transducers - The CMMD drivers provide accurate high frequencies, but are capable of low-frequency extension to four octaves; the Atlas AL drivers are capable of nearly 2,5 cm peak-to-peak travel for tight, accurate bass reproduction. Their pairing provides a full, rich frequency response, from the lowest bass to highest highs.
- Slipstream Port Design - The GLA-55 port minimizes boundary layer separation, providing high-output bass with low distortion.
- COE (Computer-Optimized Equalization) - The system equalization is computer-optimized to provide a rich, complete soundstage over a wide range of listening positions.
- OCT (Optimized Compression Topology) - The GLA-55 system utilizes a proprietary compression technology to ensure clean, accurate sound at high output levels.
- The Harman Kardon GLA-55 system is compatible with desktop computers (all platforms), laptops and MP3 and portable media players. In clear with chrome accents.