Philips showcases its continuing commitment to the consumer lifestyle market by presenting a new range of products in the Health and Well-being domain at this year’s IFA, taking place in Berlin from September 3 to September 9.
Recognizing an increasing consumer focus on health and well-being, Philips Consumer Lifestyle has identified four strategic platforms for growth: Home Living, Interactive Living, Healthy Life and Personal Care. Andrea Ragnetti, CEO Philips Consumer Lifestyle will present innovative new product introductions across these four platforms at today’s press conference.
- In the Home Living space, Philips presents the Robust Collection, a premium range of kitchen appliances inspired by amateur cooks who demand durability and reliability from their kitchen essentials.
- In the Interactive Living domain, the product highlights reflect Philips’ focus on providing a cinematic viewing experience in the home. At IFA 2009 Philips is proud to present the EISA award-winning Philips Cinema 21:9 TV with its perfect partner, the EISA award-winning Philips Blu-ray player BDP9100. Building on its heritage in TV innovation and its reputation for outstanding picture quality, Philips will also launch the LCD TV of the Year, the 9704 TV with LED backlighting technology. Furthermore, Philips innovation presents a prototype 3D Cinema 21:9 TV and Blu-ray player to demonstrate how an immersive viewing experience could reach the third dimension.
- Within the Healthy Life platform, following the success of the Dual Massager, Philips is launching the new Sensual Massager for couples, further developing the Relationship Care concept. In the category of sleep management, Philips introduces the Philips goLITE BLU, a light therapy device to help boost mood and energy levels.
On September 4 at 9.45 a.m. in the ICC lecture hall, Andrea Ragnetti, CEO of Philips Consumer Lifestyle will deliver the IFA 2009 opening keynote speech. In his speech, Mr Ragnetti will touch upon how the current economic crisis has modified consumer behaviour and how Philips is responding to these changes. He will also highlight evolutions and capabilities in the company that make Philips particularly well positioned to provide consumers with solutions for a healthy and enjoyable lifestyle. In this context, Mr Ragnetti will elaborate on the sector’s four growth platforms, highlight the recent acquisition of Saeco, strengthening Philips’ global leadership in coffee appliances, and will introduce the audience to embryonic new categories such as sleep and lifestyle management.
Retailers, journalists and consumers visiting the Philips stand at IFA will also be able to see:
- New developments in the Home Living space including the Senseo® Quadrante, coffee maker range, plus a limited edition Senseo® designed by the award-winning Dutch designer Marcel Wanders.
- Further innovations in Interactive Living including, the third generation Aurea television, our 8000 series and 9000 series of TVs with outstanding picture performance, Philips Net TV feature in multiple European languages, new Blu-ray players and Home Theatre Systems, including the latest Philips Soundbar with Ambisound and the new flagship model Philips Blu-ray player BDP9500.
In Peripherals and Accessories it includes a new range of photoframes as well as DECT and dual phones, the new Philips Wireless HDTV Link, which enables TV, set-top box and other AV components to be connected wirelessly. Also, a new range of Notebook Accessories including a Notebook CushionSpeaker for comfort, heat protection and great sound, Notebook Sleeves with a heat protect layer, a Bluetooth enabled mouse that doesn’t need a working surface, and a wireless presenter which works like a mouse in the air.
Philips will also be launching the latest in the GoGear family of portable audio and video players, GoGear Muse.
- New introductions in the Healthy Life platform including Sonicare for Kids, the latest addition to the Sonicare range of power toothbrushes, and the latest Philips Wake-up Light, which helps you to awaken the natural way, by gradually filling your room with bright light like a rising sun.
- In the Personal Care space, Philips introduces the Philips Nivea for Men Shaver.
- All news releases from Philips at IFA can be found at www.philips.com/IFA
- The Philips booth is located in Hall 22
- The Philips press lounge is open from 12.00 p.m. Wednesday, September 2 in Hall 22
- The Philips press conference, delivered by Consumer Lifestyle CEO, Andrea Ragnetti takes place Wednesday, September 3, at 12.00 p.m. in Hall 22
- The Philips keynote address, delivered by Consumer Lifestyle CEO, Andrea Ragnetti takes place Friday September 4 at 9.45 a.m. in ICC lecture Hall 3.
- The Blu-ray Disc Association press conference takes place Thursday September 3 at 5.00 p.m. in Hall 22
- Workshops and guided tours will run from Thursday September 3, at 1.30 p.m. in Hall 22.
Follow our live IFA 2009 updates from Berlin at www.twitter.com/Philips_IFA
About Royal Philips Electronics
Royal Philips Electronics of the Netherlands (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHI) is a diversified Health and Well-being company, focused on improving people’s lives through timely innovations. As a world leader in healthcare, lifestyle and lighting, Philips integrates technologies and design into people-centric solutions, based on fundamental customer insights and the brand promise of “sense and simplicity”. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips employs approximately 116,000 employees in more than 60 countries worldwide. With sales of EUR 26 billion in 2008, the company is a market leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as lifestyle products for personal well-being and pleasure with strong leadership positions in flat TV, male shaving and grooming, portable entertainment and oral healthcare. News from Philips is located at www.philips.com/newscenter.