GU10 spot light and BR30 downlight bulbs are available in Apple stores from November 5thEindhoven, The Netherlands
– Philips welcomes new additions to the Philips hue smart lighting range today with GU10 spot lights, BR30 downlights and Philips and Disney Imaginative Lighting StoryLight for children’s bedrooms. These new lamps broaden the experience to enjoy personalized light controlled from your smartphone or tablet.
The new hue GU10 spot lights are suitable for recessed spot light fixtures with recess depth over 85mm, while the BR30 is popular in North American homes as a ceiling downlight or flood light. Both additions mean that you can screw in hue to accent lighting, spot and downlight fixtures and create personalized light to suit your décor and family’s lifestyle in many more areas of your home. You can even extend it to the children’s bedroom with StoryLight for truly immersive story telling at bedtime.
Philips hue’s high quality tunable white light is the perfect solution to enable you to create the nuance of white light you prefer. Be it warm white light at a cozy evening with family or friends, brighter light to read a book, or crisp white to provide an accent to a sculpture or painting – hue is giving you the power in the palm of your hands. You no longer need to worry what shade of white light you will get when buying a bulb, with hue you can tune it to your individual taste.
For immersive colorful mood lighting hue lets you choose the color you prefer, or re-create treasured moments through mimicking the colors of a picture.Expansion throughout the home
Hue has also migrated into more rooms in the home, taking on multiple and varied uses. Through a collaboration with Disney, StoryLight (with similar features to the recently released Friends of hue LivingColors Bloom) brings hue into the children’s bedroom to create truly magical moments. With a dedicated app that connects colored lights to the narrative of specially created Disney e-books, StoryLight brings stories to life with light creating magical story-time for children.
Featuring high quality light, the Philips hue bulbs offer up to 80 per cent energy savings compared to traditional incandescent bulbs. No matter which bulbs you choose, Philips hue is easy to set up and add more bulbs. A starter pack includes three bulbs that simply plug into your existing sockets, and a bridge that connects to your Wi-Fi router. Simply download the hue app to start experiencing light throughout your home in a completely new way.
The Philips hue system is upgradeable and future-proof. With further hue bulbs and features coming soon, as well as a wealth of apps available for hue, the opportunity to make more and more of hue over time will continue to grow. The recent hue update 1.1 is a perfect example of that. Hue 1.1 included features as geofencing and IFTTT and has offered users increased new functionality to create new personal use cases.
“The future of light is digital, and building on our 122 years of heritage in lighting, we are leading the way by offering people a new way to experience light way beyond just ‘on/off’ or dimming that they’ve been used to until now.”, commented Filip Jan Depauw, Senior Director, Philips Lighting.
He continues, “By expanding the hue family, both in terms of bulb types, availability and features, we want to give more people the opportunity to use light more actively and meaningfully in their everyday lives and to create personalized experiences which provide so much more - light that can actually enhance how you live. With hue we provide you with the tools to personalize your lighting just the way you want it and wherever you want it, so that now you really can light your life.”Whatever you do with Philips hue is up to you. However, as inspiration, hue can…Add ‘wow factor’ when entertaining this holiday season
: Whether it’s splashes of color to impress your guests, or the perfect ambience for family time, hue can help you get creative with light to make any evening extra special. Using pre-set light scenes or the color palette on hue’s intuitive app, choose the perfect tone to match your mood, décor or party theme. Save your favorite light scenarios for each room and recreate them at the swipe of a finger. Hue can even liven up a party with disco lights synchronized to music using third-party apps now available on the App Store and Google Play.Reset your rhythm with Philips’ quality white LED light
: As winter draws in, having good quality light in our homes can impact mood and wellbeing. Aside from letting you tune white light from warm candlelight to vibrant, cool white light, Philips hue’s app features expert ‘LightRecipes’. These are four pre-programmed lighting settings based upon Philips’ research into the biological effects light has on the body. In an instant, you can enjoy to the optimum shade and brightness of white light to help you read, relax, concentrate or energize. Connect your life with light to the world-wide-web
: Using internet automation service IFTTT (If This Then That), hook up hue to your favorite internet services allowing light to act as an indicator. For example, to change color if it’s going to rain; to blink if you receive an urgent email or Facebook message; illuminate gradually as the sun sets; or flash when your favourite TV show is due to start. Light doesn’t get smarter or more personalized than this!Entertain your children with StoryLight
: StoryLight brings hue’s magic into children’s rooms whenever a story is read. It brings a child’s favorite Disney stories to life by synchronizing the pages of classic Disney e-Book stories with the Mickey Mouse shaped Bloom light as they read. The most magical story-time they’ll experience.
Inspiring new ways to experience light, the new LivingColors Bloom and LightStrips Friends of hue connect seamlessly to Philips hue so that you can create a fully immersive experience using the hue app where light, color and even music come together to instantly transform the ambiance in your home. New LivingColors Bloom Friends of hue is compact, portable and smart, it can connect to the Philips hue app and delivers over 16 million different ways to color your home at the swipe of a finger. Set it to gradually change color as the sun sets helping you to create a relaxing environment into the night.
LightStrips Friends of hue is innovatively designed to deliver ‘indirect’ light that can be bent and fixed in whichever way you desire to personalize your home lighting experience. These flexible 2m LightStrips Friends of hue bring complete design freedom to your home lighting, so you can let your imagination run free. You could run them along the cupboards in your kitchen and use the hue app to set an alarm for your lights to glow a warm red when dinner’s ready – it’s up to you, the possibilities are endless.
The Ambilight+hue Friend of hue app allows you to create an immersive experience while watching TV giving you surround lighting that integrates with hue. Your TV viewing experience will never be the same again.The Philips hue introduction pack includes
The Philips hue bulb individual pack includes:
- Three hue GU10 spot lights or three hue BR30 downlights
- A hue bridge to easily set up your lighting network
- A power supply for the hue bridge
- A LAN cable to connect the hue bridge to your router
- A download instruction for the app
- RRP: €199 / £179/ US$199
- 1 hue GU10 spot light or 1 hue BR30 downlight
- Note: the individual hue spot light or downlight is an extension of the hue introduction pack; you need the hue introduction pack and its hue bridge to operate this individual hue bulb.
- You can connect 50 hue individual spot lights or downlights to the hue bridge
- RRP: €59 / £49 / US$59
The Philips hue range is available at Apple stores and Apple.com, and a network of 550 approved Apple resellers across Europe and at Amazon.com in the United States. BR30 downlights are available in North America from November 5th. GU10 spot lights are available in Europe from November 5th. Philips and Disney Imaginative Lighting is available in North America, Sweden, Netherlands and UK from November 5th.
For more information about Philips hue, visit www.meetHue.com
All hue and Friends of hue products are compatible with iOS and Android smart devices. An upgraded v1.2 of the hue app is now available, optimizing the user experience for iOS 7. For images, video and more visit: http://releasd.com/ee54For further information, please contact:
Name: Jeannet Harpe-Goor
Sector: Philips Lighting
Tel: +31 6 53 722221
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org About Royal Philips:
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2012 sales of EUR 24.8 billion and employs approximately 114,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving and grooming and oral healthcare. News from Philips is located at www.philips.com/newscenter. Notes to editors:About Philips hue
With its high quality energy-saving LED light, Philips hue allows you to tune shades of white light or create any color. In addition, Philips hue can:
About third-party apps for hue
- Enhance your family’s daily routine with timers and settings for activities such as waking up, homework or bedtime
- Sense when you and your family are approaching or leaving home and trigger the lights to turn on/off, change color or light setting – all without you having to take your phone out of your pocket
- Use any photo on your phone as a color palette to paint your room with light and bring your memories back to life
- Control and monitor your lights remotely when not at home for security and peace of mind
- Integrate with the Philips Elevation Ambilight TV giving you a fully immersive viewing experience. Hue works in conjunction with the Ambilight feature on the TV reacting to the colors and action on the screen for “surround” lighting – great for gaming or movies
- Connect to Philips AVENT Smart Baby Monitor allowing today’s “digital” parents to build a routine for their baby. Tailored lighting settings such as a ‘sunset mode’ which eases baby to sleep by slowly reducing light in the room can be activated remotely via the smartphone app
Philips hue can let you have even more fun with light using the following apps, available from the App Store and Google Play:
- Goldee provides dynamic light scenes which use professionally-sourced photos as their palette. The tones gradually change to provide dynamic shifts in color, including gradual sequencing for waking up and going to sleep.
- Muesic allows you to seamlessly integrate colored light in your home with an iTunes playlist. The intuitive app allows you to create an immersive environment where colored light reacts to music in a dynamic way, whether aiding relaxation or getting the party started.
- Hue Menu is a simple and innovative app that allows you to control hue from your Mac desktop. Using the traditional Mac OS color picker, Hue Menu is able to give the same functionality as using your smart device.
- Hue Disco turns an ordinary living room into a dance floor, changing your connected lights within a themed color set at a chosen time interval.